Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday, Dec 16

Today, we wrote our This I Believe essays. The students have all chosen things they believe in--ranging from friendship to creativity to music, and they have put their ideas into words, using examples from their own lives to prove the importance of their beliefs. Today, everyone finished rough drafts of their essays and updated them onto their blogs, so you can check out your kid's work on their blog page. I need to update the link to Auggie's page, but everyone else's should be visible.

We have 3 weeks off and don't have class again until Jan 13. Enjoy the break! Please make sure your child has completely their Wisdom of the Guides interviews by the 13th so we can edit the audio clips together. If you are having trouble with the audio, please let me know and I'll help and if you need help with how to get the audio from your device to me, just bring the device (iphone or whatnot) in and I'll help with the technology side. I would really like it if we can make the final ceremony multi-media, and one way I think this would work well is with the interviews, so that during the ceremony, we can actually hear the advice right from the mouths of those who gave it. And the kids will talk about why that advice is important to them. Anyway, lots of rambling. The key is to get the interviews finished by the 13th.

When we come back in January, we'll be focusing on our last 3 projects: Bible story analysis, research paper and the social action project. I am also working to plan a day sometime in January or February where parents could join us for class and we could make challah and discuss what we've been doing and what we'll be doing coming up. I'll get more details to you about that soon.

Questions, comments can come my way, as always.

Becca

1 comment: